Date: 1/24/18 7:52 pm
From: B B <birder4184...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] White Wagtail Accessibility
A number of us were at the site this afternoon for many hours and did not see the Wagtail.  One person tried to gain access to the property but the owners were not receptive.  We felt the most likely perch would be on one of the buildings and all were monitored consistently - no go.
Other good birds there however were the continuing Rusty Blackbird, plus Sharp Shinned Hawk, Merlin, Peregrine Falcon, Kestrel and Spotted Sandpiper.
Thanks for the early post notice and congrats to the fortunate 4 who saw it.
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 7:40:01 PM PST, Carol Riddell <cariddellwa...> wrote:

I have added three very poor photos to this eBird checklist. The distance between the public viewing area on Neal Road, and the tree on the dairy farm across the Snoqualmie River really strained the limits of my 400 mm lens. Jordan Roderick’s photos should be much better since he has a longer lens.
I elected not to approach the farm house on the property where the wagtail was seen. I agree with Jeff Bryant that the bird is most likely on the ground or a  low perch, where it cannot be seen from Neal Road on the east side of the river. My success with getting access to a bird on farm properties has been mixed but I have always been treated politely by the landowner, even when access was denied. That could change if many birders were to seek access as it could annoy the farm family. That said, perhaps someone from the BRC with a camera (RM!) might approach the landowners and try to see if better photos can be obtained for further documentation. There is a “No Trespassing” sign just before reaching the house. We were not sure whether the owners would mean that to apply to a birder seeking permission to look for the wagtail. For all we know, they might get a kick out of hosting a rare bird as long as access does not interfere with their operation.
Tweeters mailing list
<Tweeters...>