Date: 1/24/18 7:03 pm
Subject: Re: Something I've never, ever seen before
KC,

I’ve never seen that in my life, except once in a photo someone posted, and I was sure the photo was faked. But it wasn’t - it was at a huge chicken farm of some sort in New York, and hawks gathered there in ridiculous numbers, like 10 in one tree and another 5 in the tree next to it.

Chris Hill
Conway, SC

On Jan 24, 2018, at 7:31 PM, KC Foggin <KCFoggin...><mailto:<KCFoggin...>> wrote:

Was stopped in a long traffic line on 544 this a.m. and noticed a bunch of large birds all flying to this one tree. As I grabbed my bins, I was shocked to see so many Red-tail Hawks together. I had no idea they traveled like that. I now know that it is called a “cast of Hawks” Most seemed to be adults but there were quite a few immatures. When I say a large amount, I had to stop counting at 22 cause the traffic was on the move. Truly a first for me. Do they usually do this in the winter months or has anyone else come across this?

K.C.

Take nothing but pictures,
Leave nothing but footprints
Kill nothing but time

K.C. Foggin
Socastee,Myrtle Beach SC

www.birdforum.net<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.birdforum.net&d=DwIGaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=Ro0P09MRR0Iwd7Z4JJpY1bAn-aUlYMki26qxpH4Zy-I&s=r1T0C60QbfK_sPOubNaLD4nRobNFlqgjpomynxjDvho&e= >

www.pbase.com/kcfoggin/nikon_d50_pages&page=20

Join us on Facebook!