Date: 1/24/18 6:52 pm
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: Rough Legged Hawk, Northampton County
Howdy All,

I finally was able to see a rough legged hawk in action early today near
the rt 33 and 78 junction along the Lehigh in Northampton country.

This bird bird was gliding at first with a dihedral look to its wings.
It was a dark phase and since it was getting towards twilight so it
looked all dark. It did the stop on a dime and hover in place thing with
its body angled up and the fast and deep wingbeat.

As I was moving along at 50 mph on the ramp to 78 west I couldn't stop
to keep watching but it was cool anyway.

Now I just have to find a Golden Eagle !

Cheers, Dave

Join us on Facebook!