Date: 1/24/18 4:16 pm
From: <gaowings...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Albuquerque American Woodcock

Late this morning (1/24/18) while scouting Alameda Open Space for a bird walk I'm leading there tomorrow I discovered the subject bird probing in mud on the west side of the Albuquerque Drain near the trees just south of Alameda Blvd. I observed it for about 20 minutes as it slowly worked its way north and then took a nap in an opening along the bank--still south of the road bridge. I checked but it wasn't there on my way out around 1:15 PM, and a brief attempt then to find it again was unsuccessful.

Sorry for this delayed report, but I don't travel with computer access.

Gale Owings
Albuquerque