Date: 1/24/18 1:39 pm
From: Suzie Liles <suzie.liles...>
Subject: Bald Eagles
This morning as we were strolling our property & enjoying the nice day, first, one adult Bald Eagle, then a second came into view soaring overhead. But even more surprising two immature Bald Eagles were also soaring with the adults. We just stopped and watched for about 15 minutes until they got too far away, heading southeast.

We almost always see Bald Eagles along the Buffalo River when we canoe or hike but this is our first sighting from our own home, which is less than 10 miles from the Buffalo River and the White River, so these birds could be from either direction, though we’d like to be hopeful that they have found a home nearby.

All we know for sure is that Bald Eagle sightings are becoming more common and that is good news. In 1983 I (Suzie) was site guardian and fish carryout grunt for the AG&F hacking station on the Buffalo, wondering if I would live long enough to see Bald Eagles soar over the Buffalo one day. I did.

Jim & Suzie Liles
southern Marion County

Join us on Facebook!