Date: 1/24/18 11:29 am
From: Marie Stewart <littlebitrv...>
Subject: [texbirds] Save Santa Ana Rally What Can I Do
Have you ever seen a Snowy Owl? There is a possible chance for me to go
get the one in Texas. If I take it, it would be difficult to get back
here and be able to help out on Saturday. I feel very strongly about
Santa Ana Rally and Concert. It is one of my favorite places to bird it
holds a feeling that I don't get at other places in the valley. I think
it is more like what this area used to be like before it started to
build up. The birds seem to be more at home there than they do in other
places. The only other place I can think of that could make me feel like
that was the Bayside Dr at Laguna Atascosa NWR before they closed it. It
is like you out there enjoying nature with no one else around. The other
feeling it brings to mind is when I was growing up at home and I
discovered something new and exciting. There is always joy and
excitement in birding it is like being a kid all over again. It is a
state of mind I know but what a nice way to go? In writing this email I
have discovered my answer! We have to stand up and let them what is
important to us. I will be there Saturday from 11 am to 2 pm.
Marie Stewart
Alamo,TX
On 1/24/2018 7:07 AM, Laura Paulson wrote:
> As of Monday's planning meeting, it seemed like they had things pretty
> well covered for event day. Biggest thing now is promotion. I will
> forward you an email that has some information on how to help with
> that. If you have any connections in the weather department can you
> ask for it not to rain?
>
> Laura

Here you go, Marie. Oh, and of course, call your senators and
representatives and ask them not to fund the border wall!

Thanks,

Laura

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner