Date: 1/24/18 9:46 am
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] New Big Year yard bird
After working all morning in my shop with no break, I put on my down vest and binoculars and stepped outside about 11:50 AM. Within five minutes I spotted a flock of geese coming in from the direction of Piney Run Reservoir, and heading in my direction. The flock contained roughly 25-30 Canada Geese,but I wasn't really counting them because mixed in were 6 SNOW GEESE, a new species for the year list, number 36 so far, and another new bird that I didn't get last year. They came in pretty low and right over my shop and yard heading NW. I'm trying to "bank" as many new birds as I can to make up for several species which I don't think I'll have any chance at this year that I got last year. 2 so far in January seems pretty good to me.

Rick Sussman
Yard birding in Woodbine,
Carroll County, MD