Date: 1/23/18 4:00 pm
From: Paul Schorr <pkschorr...> [EBB_Sightings] <EBB_Sightings-noreply...>
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Barrow's Goldeneye and Tricolored Blackbird - Contra Loma R. P., Antioch - 1/23
At 12:30 today, from Channel Point Parking Lot, we were observing a raft of ~ 15 goldeneyes, when a male Barrow’s popped into view. This was our first sighting of this species at the park/reservoir. In addition, later in the day, there were several large flocks of blackbirds and starlings in the grassy margins of the gravel parking lot directly south of the entrance to Channel Point. Included in the mixed flock of European Starlings, Brewer’s and Red-winged Blackbirds was at least one Tricolored Blackbird.

In addition, we had a seven-raptor species day: Osprey, Red-tailed Hawk, Red-shouldered Hawk, Northern Harrier, White-tailed Kite, American Kestrel and Turkey Vulture. There were also at least 20 Common Gallinules dispersed in different locations on the reservoir

Good birding,

Paul Schorr
Antioch

To contact the list Administrator go to: <EBB_Sightings-owner...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)