Date: 1/23/18 10:39 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Masonville 1/22/2018
There was an impressive amount of waterfowl at Masonville yesterday. Among the thousands of ducks was one SURF SCOTER. I first saw the bird while I was in a restricted area, but an eagle flushed many of the ducks and the scoter flew towards the cove. I *did not* relocate it during two subsequent checks. I hope it sticks around and comes closer so more people can see it.

I also found Ring-necked Duck (2), Common Goldeneye (1), and Red-breasted Merganser (3), which are somewhat less expected than the other duck species I saw.

Two American Kestrels were also nice to see.

eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S42166386

Tim Carney
Parkville, MD