Date: 1/23/18 9:42 am
From: <larrytech...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Sacramento National Wildlife Outing and Osprey Platform Installation
I just want to remind everyone of the Wintu Audubon full day outing to Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge this Saturday. We will meet at 7:30 sharp at the Kutras Park parking lot. Weather is suppose to be partly cloudy with a high of 58 degrees.

We are sure to see Gadwall, Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail, American Wigeon, Green-winged Teal, Ruddy Duck, Bufflehead, Snow Goose, Ross's Goose, Black-necked Stilt, Northern Harrier and Bald Eagle. Possibilities include Long-billed Dowitcher, Cinnamon Teal, Peregrine Falcon, American White-Pelican, and the recently seen Northern Shrike and blue morph Ross's Goose. More info at https://www.wintuaudubon.org/events/wintu-audubon-outing-%E2%80%A8sacramento-national-wildlife-refuge/ https://www.wintuaudubon.org/events/wintu-audubon-outing-%E2%80%A8sacramento-national-wildlife-refuge/

We are also partnering with Tehama Wild Care and the City of Anderson to install an Osprey Platform atop the light pole at the Anderson River Park soccer field this week or next, depending on the weather. This project will solve the problem of the Osprey nesting on top of the lights and give them a more stable, permanent nesting site on the top of the pole. I will announce the actual date as soon as it has been determined.

Larry Jordan
Oak Run, CA

Join us on Facebook!