Date: 1/22/18 5:29 pm
From: Donald Pendleton <pen55ton...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Vesper Sparrows, La Honda OS
Folks,
Today I birded with David Nickerson for the pair of vesper sparrows. Both birds were found in the vicinity of the water storage unit, about 100 yards past the rusty drainage pipe. Pipe runs under the service road that is 1/4 mile north of the parking lot.  Both put on a very nice photo show with their Savannah Sparrow pal.
Thinking about vesper sparrows in SM County I think back on how a particular birder refuted any and all probability of a, or several, wintering vesper sparrow. Yet, here they are. Goes to show all of us that anything is possible. RT, enjoy your crow!
Don Pendleton East Palo Alto

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Join us on Facebook!