Date: 1/22/18 1:42 pm
From: Bob Schutsky <info...>
Subject: Berry-eating Birds in Southern Lancaster County
Dear PABirders,

Yesterday and today the following birds were feeding in a Hackberry Tree
near our house in Peach Bottom:
American Robins, 10.
Cedar Waxwings, 8.
Eastern Bluebirds, 5.

This morning there were about a dozen Bluebirds eating Bittersweet
berries right in front of our house. Large vines are growing up a big
Hickory Tree, and there are lots of berries.

Just before sunset yesterday, the following gulls were perched on the
ice on the Susquehanna in front of our house:
Great Black-backed Gulls, 16.
Herring Gulls, 50.
Ring-billed Guls, 500.

This is the largest number of Great Black-backs and Herrings that I have
seen in this area since last winter.

Take care,
BOB

PS: Hurray for the Phila Eagles yesterday!!!!

BOB SCHUTSKY
Web Site www.birdtreks.com
--
BIRD TREKS--Quality Worldwide Birding Tours
216 Spring Lane

Join us on Facebook!