Date: 1/22/18 11:46 am
From: <cerademacher...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Birding atop the Lincoln Park Trader Joe's while running errands
On Sunday afternoon while my wife was stopping at Ann Taylor Loft on Diversey in Lincoln Park, I saw a couple of crows cawing from atop the Trader Joe's parking structure. Wanting to get better views, I took the elevator to the top floor of Trader Joe's rooftop parking lot, which affords open views for blocks around. I observed three crows atop Trader Joe's, two more perched on a building around 2750 N Clark St, another on a rooftop between St. Clement's Church and Trader Joe's on Orchard, and a final one atop the mid-rise building on the NW corner of Orchard and Diversey.

Something seemed to be bothering these crows, or perhaps it was the other way around? Two of the Trader Joe's crows flew off westward. The two from Clark St. and the third Trader's Joe crow flew off to the rooftop of the midrise building on Diversey. As my wife and I were leaving the rooftop and waiting for the elevator, we saw through the window the reason for the crows' concern: a peregrine falcon winging eastward over the northern row of buildings along Diversey Avenue between Orchard and Clark. The crows had flushed their quarry!

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S42129360 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S42129360

Chris Rademacher
Cook / Chicago

Join us on Facebook!