Date: 1/22/18 10:11 am
From: Jim Gilbert <jggilbert...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Great Swamp NWR : Requesting updates on government shutdown status at federal sites
Susan,

I spoke with a member of the Great Swamp NWR staff this morning. My understanding is that refuge roads/gates and trails are open. All buildings are closed, including restrooms. Refuge law enforcement officers are on duty. Refuge management will also be checking on facilities to make sure all are secure. All other staff are furloughed and no visitor services will be available.

DOI contingency operating plans can be downloaded here:

https://www.doi.gov/shutdown

Here is the Fish and Wildlife plan:

https://www.doi.gov/sites/doi.gov/files/2018_01_fws_contingency_plan.pdf

Note that the National Park Service plan is somewhat different. The gates at Jockey Hollow and Cross Estate have been closed.

From what I hear on the news, it may be a moot point pending the senate vote.

Regards,

Jim Gilbert
Bernardsville