Date: 1/22/18 7:25 am
Subject: Hawks being shot and killed

I know it is illegal to kill birds of prey. I met some people living out
in the country this weekend whose chickens are being taken by the red
tailed hawks; they are free range chickens, so are out and about all the
time. This is in Georgetown County near Williamsburg County. They stated
that they have shot several red tails in the past few weeks to try and
save their chickens. But there are still hawks taking the chickens. (I
saw, heard two while there).

I suggested keeping chickens penned, getting a Great Pyrenees dog (like
my goat farm lady uses to protect her chickens, which are penned). I also
pointed out that killing hawks was illegal, but it didnšt seem to bother
them. I was quite distraught.
I donšt know the names of farmers, but what can be done about this?

Thanks for any advice.

Teri Lynn
back in Charleston now

This message was secured via TLS by MUSC.

Join us on Facebook!