Date: 1/22/18 6:08 am
From: Donald Pendleton <pen55ton...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Green-winged teal, Belmont Slough
Folks,
I was interested in the posting on Friday of someone viewing a hybrid green-winged teal in the Belmont Slough, east side of Oracle. Strangely enough, I checked ebird and failed to find any posting of such an unusual find. I went there on Sunday afternoon, failed to find it. However, I did see a Eurasian form swimming with the large number of American forms; white bar before the wing is absent, bold double bars above the wings, and distinctive white facial lines separating the green from the rufous. Supposedly, this Eurasian form had been posted several times, but I failed to find it on ebird. Such a shame that such an interesting bird is present, but not being made aware to the birding community.
Don Pendleton East Palo Alto

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Join us on Facebook!