Date: 1/22/18 5:44 am
From: Pat <pvaldata1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Thaw in Somerset County
It took days, but the ice in Jones Creek has finally melted, bringing back the Buffleheads and a pair of FOS Hooded Mergansers. Gulls were in a feeding frenzy this morning, able to fish for the first time since before Christmas.
Yesterday I drove to the Frenchtown-Rumbly area. There was lots of activity from Yellow-rumped Warblers, Brown-headed Nuthatches, Kingfishers, and raptors. I had very distant looks at a pair of swans, but I'm pretty sure they were Mute Swans.
What a pleasure to be out birding and not be freezing!
Pat ValdataCrisfield, MD