Date: 1/21/18 8:53 pm
From: Steve Davis <spd8109...>
Subject: Birding Tallgrass Prairie Preserve, etc this weekend.
Thanks to Jim Deming for leading a group of birders to locations in the
Osage County area Saturday. We saw swans, eagles, harriers and rough-legged
hawks, among other interesting birds, and had a great time, as always, with
everyone in the group.

Being the late risers we are, Mary and I went up the day before to avoid
the long Saturday morning drive. On the way, we stopped at Boomer Lake,
Sooner Lake and Ponca City Lakes and saw some of the birds that have been
reported in those locations recently. I have included links to our eBird
checklists below with a few sub-par photos of the birds to give you an idea
of what you missed.

Thanks again to Jim for a fun day on the prairie.

--steve and mary

Boomer Lake: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S42070143
Sooner Lake: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S42074659
Lake Bluestem: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S42088335