Date: 1/21/18 5:01 pm
From: Donna Pomeroy <dpom...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] More Coastside Birds of note
Doug and I hit a few coastal spots today. From Verde Rd, we scoped the coastal terrace west of Highway One. The Aleutian Cackling Goose flock was out there, minus any white geese, but numbering 46, so their flock continues to grow.
At the Verde Road Pond, while watching the continuing Common Gallinule, we saw the pair of Pied-billed Grebes catch a crayfish, always a fun sight. We also saw two Red-breasted Nuthatches. I have been hearing them in the far distance the past couple of visits, but this was the first time I’ve seen them in the trees right by the pond. It was great to see these handsome visitors.

Donna & Doug Pomeroy

Posted by: Donna Pomeroy <dpom...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional