Date: 1/21/18 1:13 pm
From: mike <m.b.ludewig...>
Subject: Caracara in Atoka Co
Today about 1pm, my wife and I spotted a Crested Caracara west of McGee
Creek Lake (which is about 3 miles north of Farris, OK which is about half
way on an E-W line between Atoka and Antlers). The bird was sitting in a
tree near several circling vultures. I'm assuming that there was carrion on
the ground. From the pictures I took from ~ 100 yds, I believe it was an
immature bird. Although my pictures aren't great, they are good enough for
an absolute identification of the bird.

Mike Ludewig

At Farris, OK

PS: If you would like to see a picture, please reply and I will send you
one.

Join us on Facebook!