Date: 1/21/18 12:52 pm
From: Albert, Steven <Steven.Albert...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Raptors on the Turnpike
Much to my dismay, I haven't had any chance over the past few weeks to chase any of the great rarities that have been reported.

But, I have found myself on the Turnpike between home (Exit 9 and the GWB). And, I am pleased to say the birding has been great, albeit at 65 MPH. Two weeks ago it was the Rough-legged hawk at DeKorte that decided to cross over the turnpike right over my car - great quick glance at the underwing marks through the sunroof. A couple of Red-tails, of course. And then over the past two days: a adult bald eagle (Exit 10), Coopers near Exit 11 and a Sharp-shinned Hawk at the Bayway Refinery.

Not too shabby. And, I stayed in my lane and pretty much maintained speed!

Good birding.

SA

Steven L. Albert, CPEA, QEP
Senior Program Manager, EHS Management
D +1-732-564-3601
M +1-732-832-6195
<steven.albert...><mailto:<steven.albert...>

AECOM
30 Knightsbridge Road
Suite 520
Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA