Date: 1/20/18 2:09 pm
From: Amber Carver <caramb22...>
Subject: [cobirds] CFO Convention - 2018: Paper Session
Greetings, Colorado ornithologists!

The 2018 annual Convention of the Colorado Field Ornithologists is right
around the corner, and we are excited to begin accepting abstracts for the
scientific paper session. If you would like to give a talk, now is the
time to write and submit a proposal for the presentation that you would
like to give. The meeting will be held Thursday, May 17th to Sunday, May 20
th in Longmont, Colorado. The scientific paper session will take place on
May 19th from 1:30 to 4:30 pm. We offer a discounted student/youth
registration rate that includes the welcome picnic, guided field trips,
student social, and banquet with a keynote speaker.

Time allotted to each presentation will be 15-20 minutes, including a few
minutes for questions and answers. Presentations should focus on birds of
Colorado. Potential topics include bird biology, habitat, conservation,
identification, or population trends. Talks can discuss either finished or
ongoing research, and presenters need not be students or affiliates of a
university. We welcome talks arising from diverse forms of engagement in
the study and understanding of Colorado birds. Abstracts should include a
descriptive but concise title for the proposed talk, name of the
presenter(s), names of collaborators (if applicable), affiliation(s), and
email address(es). Please limit abstracts to 250 words, not including
title, authorship, and contact information. The deadline for abstract
submission is Friday, April 27th at 5PM. Please note that all presenters
must register for the convention.

All abstracts should be submitted electronically to Amber Carver (
<amber.carver...>). Please submit your abstract in word or PDF
format. If you have questions about content, format, or logistics, please
send those to the same email address.

-Amber Carver

Department of Integrative Biology

University of Colorado Denver