Date: 1/13/18 9:30 pm
From: Troy Corman <aplomado...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Base and Meridian Wildlife Area Black-throated Green Warbler continues
The wintering BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER was quite vocal and easily
located this morning (13 Jan.) along the northern edge of the larger body
of water. It was loosely associating with other warblers close to the old,
paved roadway (formerly 115th Ave.). I detected seven species of warblers
in the area over the course of my visit. This also included two
BLACK-THROATED GRAY, a continuing and calling WILSON'S which I first noted
here on 26 Nov. 2017 and a lone, chipping YELLOW in some isolated
cottonwoods near one of the Avondale Blvd. bridge abutments. A single
GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET was also near where the Black-throated Green was
foraging.

Hope to see you in the field...

Troy Corman
Phoenix, AZ