Date: 1/13/18 9:15 pm
From: <maliadances...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Snow and Ross's Goose -Redwood Shores-1/13
Today Chris and I did our monthly survey at Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve. During our 4 mile / 3.5 hour transect hike we tallied 40 species and found a group of (6) White-throated Swift.

From there we refound the Harris's Sparrow along the Facebook public shoreline trail at the location previously described yesterday by Chris. There was also an Osprey seen perched then soaring east of the trail. At least 3 and maybe as many as 5 Ridgway's Rail were heard calling fairly close to the trail. We got great views of one rail.

On the way to Nob Hill pond we saw (1) Ross's Goose and (1) Snow Goose on the bank of the Steinberger Slough. At Nob Hill Pond we photographed (1) male Eurasian Wigeon. There were also (8) American White Pelican

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41883055 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41883055

Malia DeFelice and Chris Hayward

Join us on Facebook!