Date: 1/13/18 9:18 pm
From: Richard Carlson <rccarl...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Sinaloa Wren/mouse
Will Russell relocated the Sinaloa Wren which a dozen of us watched foraging under the leaves like a tiny rodent. The bird was completely hidden under the leaves most of the time. I took a video which shows the bird periodically peeking out. The bird was silent the entire 20 minutes we watched it. It was located in a series of brush piles near the river about 1/4 mile south of the road. It was maybe 100 yards SE of the large privet trees W of the trail. We saw it at around 11 am. A Great Horned Owl was roosting above the Wren.
Thanks Will.

Richard Carlson
Full time birder, part time economist
Tucson & Lake Tahoe