Date: 1/13/18 8:34 pm
From: Andrew Core <tucsonrba...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] se AZ: rarity roundup
From the Tucson Audubon Society's RBA (520-629-0510 X 3 or rarebirdalert AT
tucsonaudubon.org):

Steve Bonta reports:
I birded Sycamore Canyon today (1/13) to try to see a winter trogon. No
luck there, and bird numbers were very low (even lower than for the
Atascosa CBC a few weeks ago), but I did manage to refind the Louisiana
Waterthrush our team turned up during the CBC. It's hanging out about a
quarter mile down canyon from the junction with Penasco Canyon. I called
and it came right up and began foraging along the stream bed.

Joe Gebler reports:
Dorothy Tettemmer and I saw the Black-capped Gnatcatcher at the previously
reported spot (upgradient of the large culvert in Montosa Canyon) between
1:30 and 2:00 pm today, Saturday, 1/13/18.

Bill and Inez Prather report:
Friday afternoon (1/12) there were 28 Greater White-fronted Geese, 2 Snow
Geese and 1 Ross's Goose at Lake Cochise by the Twin Lakes Golf Course in
Willcox.

Thanks Steve, Joe, Bill & Inez!

Andrew Core
SEAZ RBA Compiler - Tucson, AZ