Date: 1/13/18 7:08 pm
From: Al Eisner <eisner...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Five species of Goose, Jan. 13
This morning (Jan. 13) I was driving along Laguna Avenue southwest of
Santa Teresa when I saw two adult SNOW GEESE in the field to the
north. I then saw that Mike Mammoser and another couple -- Melissa
and David Johnson -- were also viewing them. Thanks to Mike for
pointing out a BURROWING OWL not far them them (it took me a while to
find, with a passing Coyote not helping). While we were talking I saw
another white goose flying around; as Mike has noted, he was able to
get a high-magnification scope view and identified it as a ROSS'S
GOOSE. and we all got good scope views after it landed east of Santa
Teresa. Before leaving Coyote Valley I checked out the CANADA GOOSE
flock along Bailey Road, seeing 3 or 4 CACKLING GEESE with them.

Finally, about midday I was standing along the EEC entrance road
in Alviso with Jason Vassallo (neither of us finding the Ruff) when
3 calling GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE flew over. A pretty goosey
day!

Al Eisner

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional