Date: 1/13/18 6:18 pm
From: <jstock...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Goose, Plover, and Owl; but no Sapsuckers
Late Saturday afternoon I spent a few minutes unsuccessfully looking for sapsuckers at Western Hills Park in San Diego. After that I saw the following continuing birds: Cackling Goose at DeAnza Cove (southeast shore of the cove), Mountain Plover in the barren northern part of the Fiesta Island dog run, and Short-Eared Owl in the interior of Fiesta Island, where it was followed by many large camera lenses as it flew around in the last of the sunlight.

I would also like to identify myself as the mystery birder at Berry Park this morning and thank R. Patton and Elizabeth Copper for pointing out the male Scott's Oriole (and others).

Jeremiah Stock
Santee, CA
<jscls...>

Join us on Facebook!