Date: 1/13/18 5:26 pm
From: Jim Lomax <sdrib...> [countybirders] <countybirders-noreply...>
Subject: [CB] Sacramento and Fresno Counties
’s up, dogs?

As hinted on internet discussions the last two days I guess I qualify as mostly a lowly “chaser”. Proved it yet again yesterday and today.

Sacramento County Friday January 12th

Arrived at Reichmuth Park off Gloria Drive south of 43rd Avenue about 0830. Several birders already there had seen the bird and were leaving while others wanted better looks and stayed. I joined in the next hour and a half search whereupon Dan Murphy and I relocated the WORM-EATING WARBLER along the south side of the canal and Dan got outstanding pictures (check his ebird report) documenting what we saw. Beautiful.

Tried and missed the California Thrasher up near Cummings Park.

Fresno County Saturday January 13th

Sheree and I arrived on North Rolinda Avenue about 0940 and, after checking with John Luther (who got us on the right road), proceeded west that road by the canal to the reported location. We spent a couple of hours but were unable to find the birds. Finally, I called Gary Woods who straightened my ass out and told me that I should check along the other roads about the area. So near noon, we drove north from the location where they were seen yesterday. About half a mile north of the canal, we came upon three COMMON GROUND-DOVES walking in the road picking at “things”. Very nice.. Thank you John and Gary.

Could not find the Clay-colored Sparrow but had to leave soon after for a planned event.

“Truckin’ like the do-dah man”,

Jim Lomax
Solitary Birder
from No Particular Place

Not at all sure where I’ve been, but I’m not starting over again.

Join us on Facebook!