Date: 1/13/18 3:44 pm
From: <chrisoco...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Foster City Shell Bar Rock Wren 1/13
Hi Birders,
I was surprised to see a Rock Wren pop up in front of me but immediately remembered that Kent Forward posted about this bird earlier in the month. It was active on the rocks along the bay trail just north of Tarpon Ave. Also, of note was a high count of 8 Ruddy Turnstone and 35 Black Skimmer, usual winter residents at this locale. See some photos at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41880267 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41880267

Also, earlier I was at nearby Sea Cloud Park and found a Red-breasted Nuthatch in the conifers along with a couple of Townsend's Warblers. 4 Common Mergansers were adjacent to the park in Central Lake.

Chris O'Connell
Redwood City, CA

Join us on Facebook!