Date: 1/13/18 3:26 pm
From: Dave Weber <dwbirdster...> [CALBIRDS] <CALBIRDS-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [CALBIRDS] Are Regional/County Listservs Still Relevant?
I generally don't join in on 'discussions', but this has concerned me for a while.

Yes! To me, all the lists I am subscribed to, and Sialia.com for the ones I am not, are very relevant and are still more useful than eBird as a rare bird alert. Since the majority of reports are now to eBird, I am subscribed to hourly alerts, also. They can be helpful, but they can also be frustrating for lack of detail. There does seem to be an eBIrd-only obsession (and I have a theory about it) resulting in, I'm sorry to say, sloppy reporting. Some of my issues have already been discussed in others' replies.

I'm not suggesting that anyone stop reporting to eBird, just include some detail. Post to the local list if possible. Post to Calbirds, if necessary - it's not just for mega-rarities. And please do not post only to Facebook.

Dave Weber,
Milpitas

Listowners: mailto:<CALBIRDS-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<CALBIRDS-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<CALBIRDS-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)