Date: 1/13/18 3:16 pm
From: David Vander Pluym <scre...> [inlandcountybirds] <inlandcountybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [inlandcountybirds] Parker Strip
This morning 13 Jan, Lauren Harter and I birded the Parker Strip SBE, along the Colorado River. Below Parker Dam we had the continuing male hybrid BARROW's x COMMON GOLENEYE and the female BARROW's GOLDENEYE. The female wasn't present when we first arrived but showed up after a boat flushed a large number of ducks upstream into the protected waters below the dam. Also present was a Mexican Duck x Mallard. The government housing didn't have anything of interest except the Crissal Thrashers are starting to sing. At Quail Hollow, we had the continuing YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER, despite the BLM's attempts at cutting up the Athel tams. Emerald Cove Ponds had 2 rare in winter Black-necked Stilts. The ephemeral pond had good numbers of birds but nothing of interest. Good birding.

David Vander Pluym
Lake Havasu City

Join us on Facebook!