Date: 1/13/18 1:32 pm
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Return of the Eurasian Collared Dove?
*

My initial interest was whetted on coastal counts. People at the McMinnville
CBC countdown mentioned Conjunctivitus as a possible culprit. It would be
interesting if there are regional differences. I presume the disease is spread
at bird feeders. And of course other things could easily be going on. Lars
On Jan 13, 2018, at 8:31 AM, Michelle & Kim Kathol wrote:

> We had a record number of house finches on the January 3rd cbc this year in redmond oregon.
> Kim Kathol
> Tetherow Crossing
> Redmond OR.
>
> On Jan 12, 2018 8:11 PM, "Tom McNamara" <tmcmac67...> wrote:
> Hi Obol, Gerard had it exactly right, we've had almost no House Finches in the last year + at our feeders. I don't know what's going on with them, but somehow it seems vaguely ominous.
> Seems like we've got a regular contingent ( ran into Andy and company earlier today and just read Paul's post) of western Oregon birders over here in the Wallowas this weekend, hopefully we can scare up something good! Good birding all, Tom
>
> On Jan 12, 2018 7:51 PM, "STEVE" <SJJag...> wrote:
> Ditto Jeff's comments.
> I have wondered
> about this shift in feeder birds for awhile.
> I wonder what's up?
> Sounds wide spread around greater Pdx. at least.
>
> Steve Jaggers
> Milwaukie/Gladstone
>

> Sent from XFINITY Connect Application

Join us on Facebook!