Date: 1/13/18 10:25 am
From: Maeve Kim <maevulus...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Invasion of Gold Finches
We just counted over 30 goldfinches here in Jericho (hard to count accurately as they never stop moving!) - along with Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, a Hairy and a Downy, Tree Sparrows, Chickadees, a few starlings, two or three House Finches (way down from early December), a White-breasted Nuthatch, and about a dozen juncos. For ground-eaters, the juncos are proving to be very adaptable. One is actually inside a double “cage”, chowing down on suet.
Maeve Kim
Jericho Center

On Jan 13, 2018, at 10:25 AM, Pat Folsom <pfols...> wrote:

> I have a small flock (about 12) goldfinches this morning in Waitsfield. This is the most I've seen all winter.

Join us on Facebook!