Date: 1/12/18 8:48 pm
From: Chris Conard <conardc...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: [CVBirds] Reichmuth Park Birds, Sacramento
Hi folks,

In addition to the previously reported Worm-eating Warbler (short video:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/conardc/38762659695), I wanted to pass along
a report by Gary Woods of an immature male Costa's Hummingbird by the
frisbee golf 7th "tee." I was unable to find that bird in a search around
4pm. The location is along the tree line south of the tennis court (the tee
is not labeled, but there are stairs near the #6 basket where the bird was
found earlier in the day).

Also of interest was a seemingly out of place flyover Ferruginous Hawk;
during the past two Sacramento CBCs I have seen one near the Sacramento
River and 35th Ave (it must forage mostly in the ag land on the Yolo side
of the river). Purple Finches were showing really well this afternoon, with
six in view at one time along the canal at the south end of the park. Of
modest note were a Hutton's Vireo and a Varied Thrush.

All the best,

Chris Conard
Sacramento

Join us on Facebook!