Date: 1/12/18 8:44 pm
From: MARK BALDWIN <mark.baldwin2...>
Subject: [obol] Lewis's Woodpecker continues at Finley NWR
This afternoon I decided to stop at the Ray Bentley overlook at Finley to wait in hopes that I could find a Lewis's Woodpecker. I was rewarded at about 1:40, while watching the Acorn Woodpeckers, when I noticed another bird at the top of one of the oaks to the NE of the overlook. It sat there for a bit and as I was aiming the scope in that direction it began fly catching and returned to the same perch. I watched it for about 10 minutes before it disappeared. Photos were terrible but the checklist is here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41849169

Happy birding,

Mark

Join us on Facebook!