Date: 1/12/18 7:14 pm
From: <mvjohnski...>
Subject: [cobirds] Great to See Friends in Pueblo
John Stump and I traveled over from the San Luis Valley for a chance at the
Snowy Owl and RB Sapsucker. RB Sapsucker might be a $3,000 value life bird
for me as I have missed it in numerous attempts on the west coast and
probably spent those kind of $$ in the journey for this nemesis species!!
We were not disappointed in that we did see the birds...both of those
magnificent species were inspirational and exciting. And the nemesis is
gone (to be replaced by the next nemesis, whatever that might be). But
equally exciting was to see many friends I have not seen in a few
years. Special thanks to Ira S for pointing out the RB Sapsucker, which
would have been a challenge to find among the numerous pine trees. It was
a day John and I shall not soon forget.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO