Date: 1/12/18 6:12 pm
From: <jtnikon...> [EBB_Sightings] <EBB_Sightings-noreply...>
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] California Nursery Park (1/12/18) - Western Tanager
This (1/12/2018) afternoon around 4:00 PM in California Nursery Historic Park (in Niles District of Fremont), I heard the pit-er-ick calls of Western Tanager from the rose garden and followed the sound to the big plum tree north of the office and found the bird perched in the dense branches/leaves. I was able to find a window to get some shots. It seems to be a first winter female with light color bill, yellow washed under and 2 pale wingbars. A couple of shots can be seen in my eBird report http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41853038 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41853038.

Happy Birding,

Jerry Ting
Fremont

Join us on Facebook!