Date: 1/12/18 6:09 pm
From: <chayward414...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Facebook Harris's Sparrow 1-12-18
Hi Folks,

I spent the morning birding some bay side areas today. I started at the bay trail around the Facebook complex, having not been able to locate the Harris's Sparrow last weekend. Today I was able to find the bird after checking near the soccer field and up to the bend in the trail, with no luck, I continued along the north side of the trail and finally located a sparrow flock, which contained the Harris's Sparrow about 100 yards west of the basketball court. At this spot there is a wooden fence and gate with a short trail leading into the Facebook parking lot.
Next I headed over to Nob Hill pond which did not contain very many ducks, so I headed out to the end of Canvasback Way where there our observation decks to check for groups of ducks. Here there were good numbers of American Wigeons, in these groups I was able to find 1 Male Eurasian Wigeon.

At the Foster City Shell Bar I counted 32 Black Skimmers also good numbers of Red Knots.
Later back on the coast Malia and I headed up to the Devil's Slide County Park where we we tallied 4 Rock Wren's, 2 near the parking lot and 2 up near the egg rock overlook.
I have photos of the Harris's Sparrow on my ebird checklist link below

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41853810 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41853810

Photos of Eurasian Wigeon link below

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41853996 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41853996

Chris Hayward