Date: 1/12/18 4:59 pm
From: <mdodder...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: [CVBirds] Reichmuth Park Worm-eating Warbler
The Worm-eating Warbler was seen well and repeatedly by my Palo Alto Adult School birding class this morning from about 11:00 to noon. It was first refound by Eric Goodill on the berm above tee-3 with a large and active flock of mostly Bushtits in the canopy! It then moved down from the trees into the more expected dead ivy beside the short path leading to the main trail. As the flock seemed to be moving back over the swamp, we followed the trail to the more open area and the crossover path leading over the open waterway. We finally relocated the bird on the far end of the waterway, in the tangled dead vines off the trail. Long story short, it was by watching and listening for the Bushtit flick that we succeeded.

Matthew Dodder
Mountain View

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by: <mdodder...>