Date: 1/12/18 3:47 pm
From: Brandon Caswell <brandon.caswell83...>
Subject: [ia-bird] more Red-shouldered Hawks in Johnson County
Birders,

This afternoon I was unable to relocate the adult Red-shouldered Hawk
reported by Fawn and Gail last Wednesday and seen this morning at the
Coralville Dam. Luckily, since I was headed home to Marion, I decided to
take Newport Road. I was delighted to see both an adult and a juvenile
within half a mile after turning east onto Newport Rd NE from Prairie Du
Chien Rd NE. I'm not sure if the adult is the same bird from the dam
area. It could be the bird reported on January 7th by Chris Edwards.
These two birds effectively doubled the number of individuals I've seen of
this species in Johnson County within the last five years or so!

Good birding,
Brandon Caswell
Marion