Date: 1/12/18 3:15 pm
From: Doug Hitchcox <dhitchcox...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Eurasian Wigeon - St. George, 1/12
I took a little detour this afternoon to check out a Eurasian Wigeon reported on eBird yesterday by Gail Presley. The sharp looking drake was continuing in Ripley Creek which flows into Tenants Harbor, St. George. The bird was associating with a large group of Mallards until being flushed by a young Bald Eagle when it relocated further out in Tenant’s Harbor. Best views were had by walking down Ripley Creek Road a short way and I’d recommend parking at the creek crossing along Rt 131 to not cause congestion on that narrow road.

A photo and link to a map for directions can be seen here: http://ebird.org/ebird/me/view/checklist/S41850643 <http://ebird.org/ebird/me/view/checklist/S41850643>

Good birding,

Doug Hitchcox
Staff Naturalist