Date: 1/12/18 2:55 pm
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] This Week's Highlights, 1/6-1/12
Hi all,
My observations of note over the past seven days were as follows:
- 1 Fox Sparrow, Old Town House Park, North Yarmouth, 1/8 (with Jeannette).
- 1 adult Iceland Gull, Portland Harbor, 1/8 (with Jeannette).
- 1 Merlin, Sheridan St, Portland, 1/8 (with Jeannette).
- 1 Northern Flicker, Fort Foster, Kittery, 1/9 (with Jeannette).
- 68 Harlequin Ducks between The Nubble and Marginal Way, Ogunquit, 1/9 (with Jeannette).
- 1 Yellow-rumped Warbler and 1 Carolina Wren, Marginal Way, Ogunquit, 1/9 (with Jeannette).
- 1 continuing drake BARROW'S GOLDENEYE, Winslow Park, Freeport, 1/10.

Meanwhile, I did a Maine Big Year in 2017. Kinda. I finished with 305 species, but I only counted species seen at sites covered in Birdwatching in Maine. My recent blog summarizes my year, and includes photos of many of the year's "best" birds.
https://mebirdingfieldnotes.blog/2018/01/06/birdwatching-in-maine-the-big-year-2017/

-Derek

Derek and Jeannette Lovitch
Freeport Wild Bird Supply