Date: 1/12/18 2:25 pm
From: O Connell, Tim <tim.oconnell...>
Subject: Birdy Jobs
Well, it’s just one actually, but I like rhyming things and I figured there’d be plenty of Mike Rowe fans out there who’d get the reference!

Anyway, the ODWC has just announced a great position as a Wildlife Technician at the McCurtain County Wilderness Area. Matt Fullerton forwarded it to me to help it get advertised far and wide:

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/intranet_new/JobPosting/jobdetail.aspx?id=301364

The description at the link contains a lot of boilerplate text and reads a bit generic. Matt wants people to know that this is a unique opportunity within the Department, with duties heavily oriented toward the monitoring of and management for Red-cockaded Woodpeckers. Strength and agility-wise, that means an awful lot of time in the climbing harness, scaling the trees to maintain nest inserts, monitor nestlings, capture and band adults, etc. It is indeed a very cool opportunity!

~Tim O’Connell
Stillwater

Join us on Facebook!