Date: 1/12/18 2:07 pm
From: Olga Harbour <oharbour...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SE AZ Santa Cruz Flats Lewis's Woodpecker
Hello Birders,

Bob and I went up to Santa Cruz Flats this morning and almost the first
bird we saw was a LEWIS'S WOODPECKER.  It was on a telephone pole on the
west side of Picacho Blvd., just north of Greene Reservoir Rd.

We did not see any Mountain Plovers at Tweedy and Pretzer, or anywhere
else for that matter.  Driving up Tweedy to Hotts, we saw many AMERICAN
PIPIT and KILLDEER.

We had two sighting of CARACARA, one a flyover west of Sunshine on
Pretzer.  The other was perched on a telephone pole on Curtis, east of
Sunshine.
Also along Curtis we spotted a FERRUGINOUS HAWK on another pole.

Other birds seen along the way: RED-WINGED, BREWER'S, and YELLOW-HEADED
BLACKBIRDS; SAVANNAH and WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS; GILA and LADDER-BACKED
WOODPECKERS and RED-SHAFTED FLICKERS; GREAT BLUE HERON; AMERICAN
KESTREL, RED-TAILED HAWK, and NORTHERN HARRIER.

Good birding!

Olga Harbour
Tucson, AZ