Date: 1/12/18 1:51 pm
From: <sami182...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: [CVBirds] Yolo County Putah Creek birds update
Hi all,
Yesterday I went to look for the Louisiana Waterthrush and American Dipper near the bridge, Hwy 128 below Monticello Dam. I found the dipper more than 100 yards downstream of bridge. No Waterthrush seen. I talking with others and hearing their report it appears it is very hard to find since it moves a great deal as far as below the resort (don't go onto the property, our reputation is at stake) to upstream of bridge. Best is to pick a spot and just hang around for a day!!
Pileated Woodpecker is hard to see in Yolo county but there is one or two in the vicinity of Fishing access #1. We saw it as we drove into the parking area in front of the car.
https://www.facebook.com/sami.larocca.1/videos/1576671359049005/ https://www.facebook.com/sami.larocca.1/videos/1576671359049005/

Enjoy,
Sami LaRocca
Woodland