Date: 1/12/18 1:17 pm
From: Matt Wetrich <go_tWeeting...>
Subject: [ia-bird] A couple notes...
Birders,

Just a reminder of a couple of things:

The Snowy Owl map we've been keeping at www.iowabirds.org<http://www.iowabirds.org> is up to date. **While you're there, it would be an excellent time to consider becoming a member/renewing your membership 😉** To illustrate how much interest there has been in Snowy Owls, the map currently has ~25,500 views! Keep your reports coming in. There is a new color for January reports (pink) to make it easier to see the most recent sightings.

Some stats on the map: There are currently 159 pins. 29 of which are known deceased birds, and 10 that have been found injured and are in rehabber care. To say there have been 159 Snowy Owls would be inaccurate, as no matter how much I try, there is no way to know if a bird has moved regions and is reported by multiple folks. I have tried to not add multiple pins to the map in an area unless it has been for made for certain that there are multiple birds. Safe to say 75, upwards of 100 birds? Probably so...

Lastly, we still have a few spots open for our Minnesota Avian Adventure Feb. 9-12. The registration deadline has passed, but if you are interested, let me know and I'll find a spot for you. Just a little enticement....in the areas we'll be, Northern Hawk Owls and Great Gray Owls have been being seen regularly, as well as Boreal Owls being reported often. Shoot me an email if you're interested and I'll get you registration info. (But do it soon!)

Bird on...

Matt Wetrich

Naturalist, Carroll CCB