Date: 1/12/18 1:08 pm
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Return of the Eurasian Collared Dove?
*

What about House Finches? They seem to be way down. On all of the CBCs I did this year we counted under 5 individuals for the whole day, and it was one of the last species of the day. I was walking neighborhoods, checking feeders, not hiding in the woods or other inappropriate habitat. Lars
On Jan 12, 2018, at 1:02 PM, Roy Lowe wrote:

> I noted that Dawn Harris just reported a Yaquina Bay CBC record 148 Eurasian Collared Doves. This species has been absent at my house near Eckman Lake in Waldport for more than two years but about 10 days ago 1 appeared at our feeder. This morning the number has increased to 8 and there's lots of courtship going on.
>
> I hope the sharp-shinned hawk that pinned a chickadee against our bay window recently is still around and take notice of the doves.
>
> Roy

Join us on Facebook!