Date: 1/12/18 12:30 pm
From: Harris, Dawn <dawn_harris...>
Subject: [obol] Final Results for the Yaquina Bay CBC
Steve Holzman and I tallied the results from the 45th Yaquina Bay CBC. His
talents at data management are beyond helpful and I want to send out an
extra thanks to him for it. Here are the highlights:

Field teams and feeder counters tallied a total of 149 species on December
30, 2017.

High counts for all 45 years were found for the following species with the
count figure in () :
Canada Goose (634)
Northern Pintail (1289)
Red-shouldered Hawk (9)
Snowy Plover (16)
Eurasian Collared Dove (148)
Anna's Hummingbird (89)
Downy Woodpecker (15)
Pileated Woodpecker (4)
Gray Jay (31)
Bushtit (74)
Brown Creeper (15)
Yellow-rumped Warbler (83)
Pine Siskin (947)

There were four new species for the count. Those were White-winged
Crossbill, Sabine's Gull, Booby sp. (most likely Brown according to Phil
Pickering), and Hermit Warbler. I want to take one more moment to thank
the greater OBOL community for their outpouring of support to Oscar and
Hendrik. It heartened me to see everyone come together in this way.
Thank you all so very much.

*Dawn Harris*

Join us on Facebook!