Date: 1/12/18 12:26 pm
From: Tom <salothomas...> [osbirds] <osbirds...>
Subject: [osbirds] More waterfowl than expected
Due to a conflict, Jo and I did the waterfowl count around Canadarago
Lake today. It was pleasantly warm. I didn't expect much be we did find
ducks at 3 locations. The creek in Village of Richfield Springs produced
just a single Mallard. There were mergansers of both types and a Mallard
at Oaks Creek - the lake outlet. There were also ducks at the ponds by
Millstone Road north of the village. We found no geese.

A single Pintail and a Mallard hybrid were noteworthy north of the
village. The Mallard X is a mystery. I watched it through the scope for
less than a minute before it went behind bushes. It was too light to be
a Black Duck hybrid, odd patterns on the body too.

There weren't many raptors about. We saw no eagles and only a single
redtail. We did see 34 turkeys.

Common Merganser - 10

Hooded Merganser - 10

Mallard - 19

Black Duck - 2

Pintail - 1

Mallard X - 1

--
Tom Salo
5145 State Highway 51

All postings to osbirds are protected by copyright law.

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)